SJ Berwin chief says US talks on track despite real estate exits
SJ Berwin's management has publicly backed its proposed merger with New York's Proskauer Rose amid mounting speculation that the long-running talks are faltering. Senior partner Jonathan Blake conceded that talks with the US firm - which have been ongoing since the beginning of the year - had been complicated, but stated that they were still progressing. He told Legal Week: "The talks are ongoing but were delayed by the summer. I think it is going to go ahead but we are both real partnerships so these things take time. Clearly there are a lot of issues to work out."
SJ Berwin’s management has publicly backed its proposed merger with New York’s Proskauer Rose amid mounting speculation that the long-running talks are faltering.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651