A&O wins role alongside elite US duo on €1.75bn pharma takeover bid
Allen & Overy (A&O) is advising on a €1.75bn (£1.5bn) M&A deal which could see pharma giant Johnson & Johnson seal the takeover of Dutch vaccine maker Crucell. Johnson & Johnson already holds an 18% stake in Crucell, but is in advanced discussions about making an all cash public offer to take ownership of the outstanding shares. A&O is leading on the Dutch side for Crucell, with a team led by Amsterdam corporate and finance of counsel Johan Kleyn, while Clearly Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is providing US law advice to the target company with a team led by New York M&A partner Daniel Sternberg.
Allen & Overy (A&O) is advising on a €1.75bn (£1.5bn) M&A deal which could see pharma giant Johnson & Johnson seal the takeover of Dutch vaccine maker Crucell.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651