Career Clinic: Should I tell my new employer about my family plans?
"I'm a senior associate at a regional firm and for a while now I've been looking for a new job, as I feel like I need a new challenge. I've had the odd interview, but until now have not found anything that grabbed me. However, I recently landed an interview at a good firm, and it went really well. Everything they said made it sound like it would be the right move for me - a bigger team, more interesting work, good work/life balance and a decent pay rise. They haven't made me an official offer yet, but they've given me a strong indication that they will.
“I’m a senior associate at a regional firm and for a while now I’ve been looking for a new job, as I feel like I need a new challenge. I’ve had the odd interview, but until now have not found anything that grabbed me.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651