DLA Piper and Linklaters take roles on Banco Santander's Polish bank buyout
DLA Piper and Linklaters have lined up on Banco Santander's €2.9bn (£2.4bn) acquisition of a majority stake in Bank Zachodni WBK (BZWBK) from Allied Irish Banks (AIB). The acquisition sees DLA Piper advise Banco Santander as it acquires 70.36% of the Polish bank. The team includes City corporate partners Jon Hayes and Polly Owen, Warsaw corporate partner Patryk Laskorzynski and Madrid finance partner Javier Santos. Hayes said: "This is a high-profile transaction for both parties. In the last few years we have done an increasing number of M&A deals globally and see this line of work continuing to grow in emerging markets."
DLA Piper and Linklaters have lined up on Banco Santander’s €2.9bn (£2.4bn) acquisition of a majority stake in Bank Zachodni WBK (BZWBK) from Allied Irish Banks (AIB).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651