SRA to reject law firm calls to allow early ABS investment deals
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is set to hold firm on the start date for Alternative Business Structures (ABS), despite calls from law firms to allow early agreements. In July last year the regulator stated that firms would be prohibited from signing agreements with outside investors ahead of 6 October 2011.
SRA paper dims expectations of faster timetable for ABS rollout
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651