International firms feel the pinch in Paris as UK practices post double-digit revenue drops
Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom was the fastest-growing international firm by turnover in the French market last year, expanding its practice by 20%. Revenue at the US law firm's Paris practice stood at €26.4m (£22m) for the last financial year, up from €22m (£18.3m) last year, according to research carried out by Juristes Associes. The firm is now the 34th largest practice by turnover in the country. Skadden's performance bucks the overall trend for international firms in the region, which for the most part have seen sizable drops in turnover. Clifford Chance (CC), Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and SJ Berwin all posted double-digit declines in revenue for the year.
Skadden bucks trend to record rising revenues in Paris as CC, Freshfields and SJ Berwin suffer in France market
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651