SRA names Kaplan as sole provider of QLTS scheme for foreign lawyers
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has selected Kaplan as the sole examining board for the new Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS), which came into force this week. As of 1 September, the QLTS replaced the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT) as the official qualification allowing foreign lawyers to practise in England and Wales. Kaplan QLTS will be the only assessment organisation for the QLTS after the training provider won a tender last month. The QLTT was previously administered by six different law schools.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) has selected Kaplan as the sole examining board for the new Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS), which came into force this week.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651