Career Clinic: How much of what I've studied will I need for my training contract?
"I'm starting my training contract at a City firm this month, but over the last few weeks I've started to have nagging doubts about whether I'm up to the job. "I've forgotten so much of the stuff I've 'learned' doing my studies, and I'm worried people are going to cotton on pretty quickly when I get down to dealing with some actual legal work.
“I’m starting my training contract at a City firm this month, but over the last few weeks I’ve started to have nagging doubts about how much work I’ve put in to prepare.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651