MoFo and Wilson Sonsini lead on Intel's $7.7bn McAfee takeover
US duo Morrison & Foerster and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati have secured lead roles on computer chip giant Intel Corporation's $7.7bn (£4.9bn) purchase of antivirus software maker McAfee, writes The Am Law Daily. The purchase, which was announced on Thursday (19 August) will enable the chip maker to expand on the security services it provides, a "fundamental component of online computing," according to Intel's statement. It marks Intel's biggest effort to expand beyond chip making to date.
US duo Morrison & Foerster and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati have secured lead roles on computer chip giant Intel Corporation’s $7.7bn (£4.9bn) purchase of antivirus software maker McAfee, writes The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651