Some reasons to be cheerful (about the deal market)
For a market in a deal slump there seem to be a lot of deals happening at the moment. Recent weeks have sizeable bids for companies as varied as International Power, Ontex, Chloride, SSL and the UK assets of EDF, not to mention the merger between PartyGaming and bwin Interactive Entertainment last week. For seasoned deal professionals the question must be whether the cycle is finally beginning to turn after a two-year slump. Well, in a light-hearted summer mood, we've decided in this column to hunt out what reasons there are to be cheerful. While not hugely bountiful, the good news is that there are more of them than the current tales of woe would have you believe.
Legal Week offers light-hearted inspiration for the gloomy deal lawyer as summer arrives
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651