SJ Berwin and Cleary act for buyout houses on $1.9bn frozen food sale
SJ Berwin and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton have advised on private equity firm BC Partners' $1.9bn (£1.2bn) sell-off of its French frozen food business to Lion Capital, reports The Am Law Daily. SJ Berwin took the lead role for buyout house Lion Capital on its acquisition of Picard Surgeles, reportedly the largest leveraged buyout in France since 2008. Lion Capital, which was formed in April 2005 after splitting off from HM Capital Partners, specialises in acquiring consumer products companies such as Weetabix, lingerie retailer La Senza, restaurant chain Wagamama, and t-shirt retailer American Apparel.
SJ Berwin and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton have advised on private equity firm BC Partners’ $1.9bn (£1.2bn) sell-off of its French frozen food business to Lion Capital, reports The Am Law Daily.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651