Firms divide up Halliwells assets and 38 staff are laid off as sell-off closes
Halliwells has completed the break-up and sale of its remaining business, after deals with a number of firms were yesterday (20 July) approved by the court. Hill Dickinson has bought the firm's 19-partner Liverpool office and the remains of its Sheffield practice, while the firm's London office has been split between a number of firms, with HBJ Gateley Wareing and Barlow Lyde & Gilbert both taking on sizable teams. HBJ Gateley has recruited City employment partner Guy Guinan, corporate partner Dan Kelmanson and insolvency partner Sadaf Buchanan, while insurance partners Helen Bourne and Damian McPhun have joined Barlows. Remaining partners Catherine Moss and Richard Slaven are joining Fasken Martineau and Pinsent Masons respectively. In total nine fee earners are joining HBJ Gateley in London.
Halliwells has completed the break-up and sale of its remaining business, after deals with a number of firms were yesterday (20 July) approved by the court.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651