Barlows partnership backs deal to acquire Halliwells insurance team
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert's partners have backed the proposed deal to acquire Halliwells' insurance team. Barlows partners today (16 July) approved the proposal, which is set to see the firm take on Halliwells' Manchester-based insurance practice, which employs 200 staff. The well-regarded team, which had attracted interest from DWF and Keoghs, boasts a number of major clients including AXA and Chartis. The vote marks the first in a series of deals Halliwells is hoping to secure as it looks to sell off sections of its business after filing notice of intention to appoint an administrator at the end of last month.
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert’s partners have backed the proposed deal to acquire Halliwells’ insurance team.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651