Career Clinic: My understaffed team is reaching burnout
"I'm a mid-level associate at a City firm and although I normally work mainly corporate and private equity, I've been working with the restructuring team on a few big deals recently as they've been really busy. It's tough work - long hours, high pressure etc, and although I initially enjoyed getting involved in something new, I'm starting to feel like I'm being pushed too hard, and I'm sure the quality of my work - and the work of the team - is slipping as a result.
“I’m a mid-level associate at a City firm and although I normally work mainly corporate and private equity, I’ve been working with the restructuring team on a few big deals recently as they’ve been really busy.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651