Career Clinic: My interfering boss is making it impossible for me to find a new job
"I am a junior associate at a large firm where I have been since qualification. I am now looking to move jobs, and in particular am hoping to get a new role in a different city. Now that the economy is slowly starting to recover I am seeing some suitable roles begin to appear. My problem is that my supervising partner is incredibly nosy when it comes to my life outside of work. Whenever I request a day off he always asks where I am going and what I am planning to do. Usually I don't mind discussing my plans as in the past I have had nothing to hide. However, the situation is going to become rather more difficult when I come to book time off to attend interviews.
“I am a junior associate at a large firm where I have been since qualification. I am now looking to move jobs, and in particular am hoping to get a new role in a different city. Now that the economy is slowly starting to recover I am seeing some suitable roles begin to appear.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651