Career Clinic: Can I avoid a return to my old work when my partner returns from sabbatical?
"I'm a senior associate at a mid-tier firm, and for the last three months I've been covering for my supervising partner who has been off on sabbatical. Since he's been away I've been given much more responsibility and a lot more of the interesting work comes my way. I'm enjoying the job much more and think I've done quite well. The problem is, he's due to come back next month and I want to know how I can swing things so that my job doesn't just revert to the way it was before. Now that I've proved myself I'm hoping to be able to push for more responsibility - or am I just going to have to accept that it'll be back to the way things were?"
“I’m a senior associate at a mid-tier firm, and for the last three months I’ve been covering for my supervising partner who has been off on sabbatical.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651