Herbert Smith wins role on landmark Chinese bank IPO
Herbert Smith has won a role on what is set to be the world's largest-ever initial public offering (IPO) as the Agricultural Bank of China (AgBank) gears up to go public. The UK top 10 law firm is advising the underwriting banks on the landmark listing, which was initially valued at as much as $30bn (£20.2bn), although market estimates have since been tempered by a drop in China's stock market, with a figure of $23bn (£15.5bn) now thought to be more likely.
Top 10 City firm advises underwriters on $23bn Chinese bank IPO
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651