Commentary: Recent Madrid launch reveals Olswang's global aspirations
What does Olswang want to be? Chief executive David Stewart puts it clearly: "A leading and distinctive full service firm across the sectors of technology, media and real estate and a dominant player not just in the UK but internationally as well." The firm has already largely delivered on the first part of the equation, building a strong brand and genuinely distinctive practice focused on some attractive industries. But the latter part the formula - international reach - will be a far taller order for a firm that until recently avoided expansion beyond the UK.
Belated international push sees Olswang determined to make up for lost time
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651