Herbert Smith leads on News Corp's multi-billion BSkyB takeover bid
Herbert Smith has secured a lead role advising BSkyB on News Corporation's bid to purchase the remaining share capital in the satellite broadcaster, valuing the company at more than £12bn. Allen & Overy (A&O) and Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom are advising News Corp on its bid to take full control of BSkyB by acquiring the remaining 60.1% of shares in the company, with BSkyB today rejecting an initial offer of £7 a share.
Herbert Smith has secured a lead role advising BSkyB on News Corporation’s bid to purchase the remaining share capital in the satellite broadcaster, valuing the company at more than £12bn.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651