Editor's comment: Consolidate, later
Considering how much they like to talk about globalisation, lawyers have some contradictory ideas regarding the concept. Take this week's Big Question poll on transatlantic mergers, which finds a clear - if not overwhelming - consensus that there is a need for consolidation in the legal industry. There is also a feeling that the newly-confirmed merger between Denton Wilde Sapte and Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal will create a stronger proposition for large clients. In fact, three out of four respondents believe the deal would, to some extent, create a stronger platform for clients compared to the legacy practices in isolation.
Lawyers have contradictory ideas about US mergers
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651