SJB takes £450m buyout fund role as PE market shows signs of recovery
SJ Berwin has advised on a £450m private equity deal that has seen Phoenix Equity Partners defy market conditions to close an oversubscribed buyout fund. Phoenix is a longstanding client of SJ Berwin and the firm also advised on its last buyout fund formation in 2006. Phoenix targets the UK mid-market with a varied portfolio of investment in brands including Britain's largest branded handbag supplier Radley + Co, Thai restaurant chain Busaba Eathai and automotive supplier Andrew Page.
SJ Berwin has advised on a £450m private equity deal that has seen Phoenix Equity Partners defy market conditions to close an oversubscribed buyout fund.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651