M&A advisers on alert as Panel announces review of takeover rules
The Takeover Panel has announced that it will review the UK's rules on corporate acquisitions amid mounting political pressure to reduce the influence of short-term investors. The move, which has been closely followed by City professionals, was welcomed by business secretary Vince Cable, who argued that short-term speculators such as hedge funds should not determine the outcome of corporate bids.
The Takeover Panel has announced that it will review the UK’s rules on corporate acquisitions amid mounting political pressure to reduce the influence of short-term investors.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651