BP lines up Arnold & Porter and Kirkland to defend oil leak claims
Kirkland & Ellis and Arnold & Porter are set to defend BP against the 26,000 claims the petrochemical giant says have been filed so far as a result of the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. BP confirmed the appointment of the two US law firms as defence counsel, with Kirkland's team including partners Andrew Langan, Richard Godfrey and Matthew Regan. BP's defence team also reportedly includes Houston practice Andrews Kurth.
Kirkland & Ellis and Arnold & Porter are set to defend BP against the 26,000 claims the petrochemical giant says have been filed so far as a result of the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651