Leigh Day bills £105m for work on Trafigura toxic waste class action
Specialist claimant firm Leigh Day & Co has billed £105m in fees for its work on the class action brought against oil company Trafigura, in one of the highest-ever costs claims for a single litigation case. The bill, which was served in December, was disclosed at the Royal Costs of Justice on Monday (10 May) in front of senior cost judge Chief Master Hurst and Mr Justice MacDuff.
Specialist claimant firm Leigh Day & Co has billed £105m in fees for its work on the class action brought against oil company Trafigura, in one of the highest-ever costs claims for a single litigation case.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651