Ken Clarke named as surprise justice secretary in new Government
Kenneth Clarke has been appointed Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice as incoming prime minister David Cameron forms his first cabinet. Details are emerging of the Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition Government, with key cabinet posts confirmed so far including Clarke as the UK's new Justice Secretary, replacing the outgoing Labour minister Jack Straw.
Kenneth Clarke has been appointed Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice as incoming prime minister David Cameron forms his first cabinet.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651