Career Clinic: Would starting my Bar career in the regions be a bad move?
"I'm currently taking my third year exams at a top 10 university and plan to do a masters next year. I intend to go to the Bar after this, but, being a Welsh boy at heart, would like to go back to Cardiff for some time. I'm interested in the public law Bar most of all, but I also find common law fascinating. I'm aware that there are limited career opportunities 'in the provinces', but would this put me at a major disadvantage as and when I choose to come back to London? Does anyone have any knowledge of the regional Bar that could help me make my decision?"
“I’m currently taking my third year exams at a top 10 university and plan to do a masters next year. I intend to go to the Bar after this, but, being a Welsh boy at heart, would like to go back to Cardiff for some time.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651