SJ Berwin's US strategy Part II – time to dance with... Proskauer Rose
With Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe this week pulling the plug on a merger bid with SJ Berwin, the question now is whether the UK firm pushes on with its efforts to secure a US merger. As best as can be gathered, it was never quite as simple as a two-way discussion with Orrick. As Legal Week reported in February, the City law firm had identified a small list of US firms - including Orrick - with which it intended to explore whether to pursue a transatlantic deal. Two other firms definitely on that list were Boston's Goodwin Procter and New York's Proskauer Rose.
With Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe this week pulling the plug on a merger bid with SJ Berwin, the question now is whether the UK firm pushes on with its efforts to secure a US merger.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651