Career Clinic: Should I quit the magic circle after my TC?
"I'm about the join a magic circle firm as a trainee, and am having to make the inevitably tough choices about what seats to do. I've had rather a depressing meeting with the HR people who say that my interests (namely environmental and planning, competition or insolvency) are able to be accommodated in my training contract, but there will be no chance to qualify into any of these areas.
“I’m about the join a magic circle firm as a trainee, and am having to make the inevitably tough choices about what seats to do.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651