Planning your second career
Having spent the bulk of my first career as an in-house lawyer (investment banking and wealth management), in 2006 I moved to a front office management role within the same bank that I had worked in for some seven years. In 2009, I moved to Barclays Wealth to head up the private bank's proposition for UK resident non-domiciled clients (RND), which includes responsibility for a team of private bankers and the objective of enhancing our banking and investment offering for RND clients. Four years on, and given all that has happened in the markets and financial services industry, it's perhaps time to reflect on the decision to leave law and share some thoughts that may inform, encourage or even deter someone thinking about doing something similar...
After leaving law for a management role at a bank, John Saunders offers some tips to anyone considering a change in career
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651