Powering into the FTSE 100
In December last year, energy company Aggreko joined the heavyweights of the stock market, entering the FTSE 100 for the first time following an 18% rise in its share price. For the company's director of legal affairs, Peter Kennerley, who joined from Scottish & Newcastle in October 2008, it feels good to be back. "When I was in the process of moving from Scottish & Newcastle [a FTSE 100 company until it was de-listed following its takeover by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008], my chief executive, Rupert Soames, joked that if I came on board he'd guarantee we would get into the FTSE 100. So it looks like he's fulfilled that side of the bargain," he says.
Aggreko legal director Peter Kennerley tells Alex Aldridge how his small team works with the newly-crowned FTSE 100 company on commercial matters, including a £30m contract to supply power to the 2010 FIFA World Cup
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651