I am a six-plus year post-qualification experience (PQE) real estate finance lawyer at Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP). I am also a triathlete who has competed at several World Championships. I now work a three-day week so that I have enough time to train for elite triathlon races, an arrangement first suggested by the partners at my firm. I studied law, with an Erasmus year in France, and then trained at BLP. I qualified there in 2003 and am now six-and-a-half years PQE in the real estate finance department. I love being a lawyer and have never considered any other career, although I have had to put my legal aspirations on the back burner for the moment, taking on a more business-focused role and more regular hours so that I can concentrate on my training.
Cutting back to three days a week helped BLP lawyer Jill Parker qualify for the triathlon world championships
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651