M&A teams cheered as global market sees modest Q1 revival
The UK M&A market is showing signs of recovery as activity levels begin to improve, according to new research from mergermarket. The figures show that 171 UK M&A deals were announced in the first quarter of 2010, compared to 150 during the same period last year, while the total value of deals during Q1 also increased, rising from $18.6bn (£12.2bn) last year to $20.7bn (£13.6bn).
Confidence returning as deal activity rebounds on 2009 lows
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651