Ashurst acts for Winterflood on appeal against £4m FSA fine
Ashurst and Blackstone Chambers have represented Winterflood Securities on the trading company's bid to overturn a 2008 market abuse ruling by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Ashurst litigation partner Edward Sparrow instructed Blackstone Chambers' Charles Flint QC on the appeal against the ruling, which saw Winterflood fined £4m for an "illegal share-ramping scheme" carried out in 2003-04.
Ashurst and Blackstone Chambers have represented Winterflood Securities on the trading company’s bid to overturn a 2008 market abuse ruling by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651