BarCap appoints new legal chief as GC steps into front office role
Barclays Capital (BarCap) general counsel Jonathan Hughes has left his position to take on a predominantly non-legal front office role with the investment bank. Longstanding GC Hughes was replaced by Judith Shepherd, who took up the post last week having previously served as general counsel of Barclays' global retail and commercial banking division. Shepherd, who joined Barclays from US law firm Gibson Dunn & Crutcher in 2006, takes over one of the most influential legal roles in investment banking with BarCap last month unveiling an 89% increase in annual profits to £2.46bn.
Barclays Capital (BarCap) general counsel Jonathan Hughes has left his position to take on a predominantly non-legal front office role with the investment bank.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651