Iberia: Building the road ahead
Portugal currently has a significant public-private partnership (PPP) market, with several projects already concluded and many more in the pipeline. As a percentage of gross domestic product, the country has the highest level of investment in PPP/private finance initiatives (PFI) in the EU. Although the road sector is the most active, there is also a variety of other projects in sectors including energy, railways, waste, prisons, healthcare and airports.
Recent decisions affecting five road projects have drawn into question the power of the Portuguese audit court. Pedro Melo and Diogo Duarte Campos suggest some alternative scenarios
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651