Victory on the Russian front
Matthew Biben works out of a Manhattan office, but for the past two-and-a-half years has spent much of his time in Moscow. As deputy general counsel of Bank of New York Mellon (BNYM), Biben oversaw the bank's defence of a potentially huge tax claim by the Russian Government.
Bank of New York Mellon deputy general counsel Matthew Biben tells Sue Reisinger how the bank prevailed in a Moscow court against a $23bn tax claim by the Russian Government
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651