Islands in the sun
With the recent introduction of the 50% tax rate, Guernsey has already welcomed a number of high-profile new residents and the trend is expected to continue throughout 2010 and beyond. While HMRC and the likes of Terra Firma's Guy Hands have ensured that the island has received many more column inches of late, there's no doubt that Guernsey is proving to be an attractive alternative to the UK's gloomy economic climate and the increasing strain on taxpayers' wallets.
Golden sandy beaches, a warm climate and a flat tax of 20%… and it’s just off the UK coast. Gareth Bell describes the benefits of life and work in Guernsey
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651