Career Clinic: Is offshore law a one-way ticket?
I am a 2PQE employment lawyer working in-house, and I have been offered an employment role at a well-respected firm in Guernsey. I have been looking for a role like this for ages, but I am concerned that while it is a great opportunity, it may be difficult to get a job back in the UK in a few years' time or if it doesn't work out. I know offshore moves are generally seen as a great career step, but is this restricted to transactional, funds or finance disciplines? Can anyone offer any advice?"
“I am a 2PQE employment lawyer working in-house, and I have been offered an employment role at a well-respected firm in Guernsey.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651