Career Clinic: Would a job at a small regional firm be a step backwards?
"I qualified in September 2009 with a top 10 firm, but unfortunately was one of the many that were not kept on. However, I am fortunate enough to have recently been made an NQ offer by a small regional firm in my chosen department. I know that I am incredibly lucky to have been made this offer given the terrible state of the recruitment market for NQs, but I was wondering whether this decision will affect my ability to move back to a larger firm in the City at a later date?"
“I qualified this year with a City firm, but unfortunately was one of the many that were not kept on. However, I am fortunate enough to have recently been made an NQ offer by a small regional firm in my chosen department.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651