Legal department of the year
The Abbey National entry hit all the right buttons for the judging panel who were impressed by the clarity of the legal department's objectives and the way it demonstrated how these goals delivered valuable results for the company. Abbey's 15-strong legal team supports retail and corporate banking activity for most of Santander's UK operations, which were recently extended to include the Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley (B&B). The acquisition of B&B was done over a weekend via a statutory instrument, making the deal unique of its kind.
The Abbey National entry hit all the right buttons for the judging panel who were impressed by the clarity of the legal department’s objectives and the way it demonstrated how these goals delivered valuable results for the company.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651