Belgian Post general counsel and company secretary Dirk Tirez believes the expanding role of in-house lawyers has its roots in a process that runs deeper than the financial crisis. "For me it's about a gradual increase in professionalism among in-house counsel that we have been seeing for a while now. Do I see it being turned back when market conditions improve? No. Expectations have been raised in a way that would be impossible to reverse," he says.
Straight-talking Belgian Post legal head Dirk Tirez tells Alex Aldridge how he ushered in a clearer performance culture for his team and outside advisers
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651