CSR initiative/programme of the year
The judges were extremely impressed with the practical nature of Lovells' work helping injured servicemen and women appeal decisions by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on compensation and pensions. Over the past year Lovells lawyers have contributed more than 1,000 hours of their time working with the Royal British Legion (RBL) to help its members. More than 200 British Armed Forces personnel have been killed in Afghanistan since the 2001 invasion and a similar number have died in Iraq since being deployed to the region in March 2003. Many thousands more have been injured or have fallen ill.
The judges were extremely impressed with the practical nature of Lovells’ work helping injured servicemen and women appeal decisions by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) on compensation and pensions.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651