Commercial team of the year
The judges were taken aback by the scale and complexity of Field Fisher Waterhouse's work advising on the decommissioning of Sellafield. It is a process that will take 125 years to complete and cost at least £75bn. Field Fisher was instructed by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) on the appointment of a contractor to manage the first phase of this undertaking. This 17-year project is the highest value civil public procurement in Europe, with a turnover of approximately £25bn. In all eight companies were involved in the bidding process from four different jurisdictions - the UK, France, Japan and the US.
The judges were taken aback by the scale and complexity of Field Fisher Waterhouse’s work advising on the decommissioning of Sellafield. It is a process that will take 125 years to complete and cost at least £75bn.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651