Banking, finance and restructuring team of the year
As everybody knows, Linklaters is advising PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) as administrators of Lehman Brothers International. It is not an exaggeration to say that the circumstances leading up to this instruction were unprecedented. Normally, an instruction of this size and complexity would have involved weeks if not months of preparation work. Linklaters had less than 24 hours to perform any contingency planning. Its advice was initially sought the day before Lehman's demise. Administration filings were prepared overnight and at 7:56am on 15 September 2008 a meeting room at Linklaters' offices was used as a court room for the judge to hear the administration applications.
As everybody knows, Linklaters is advising PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) as administrators of Lehman Brothers International. It is not an exaggeration to say that the circumstances leading up to this instruction were unprecedented.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651