Career Clinic: Should I quit the magic circle to pursue my Bar ambitions?
"I'm currently doing a training contract at a magic circle firm - I really like the atmosphere, am keen to work for them and best of all, they seem to like me. However, I have always wanted to be a barrister. I did all the necessary CV garnishing while I was at university - mini-pupillages, debating, mooting etc, but I decided to apply for a TC instead because I didn't want to ask for financial help from my parents and I was scared off the Bar because qualifying is so expensive and uncertain.
“I’m currently doing a training contract at a magic circle firm – I really like the atmosphere, am keen to work for them and best of all, they seem to like me.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651