Simmons advises hedge fund RAB on Lehman bankruptcy dispute
Simmons & Simmons has advised hedge fund RAB Market Cycles Fund on the latest dispute in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy saga. Simmons acted for RAB in relation to the status of post-administration cash derived from securities received by the failed bank after it went into administration. As a result of the ruling handed down today (21 October), City hedge funds could now see the money returned to the beneficiaries rather than falling into the general estate. RAB successfully argued that the post-administration cash held by Lehman as custodian was held on trust, and therefore under Financial Services Authority regulations should not fall into Lehman's general estate.
Simmons & Simmons has advised hedge fund RAB Market Cycles Fund on the latest dispute in the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy saga.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651