Linklaters leads for Rio Tinto on asset disposal deal double
Linklaters has taken the lead role for regular client Rio Tinto on the latest of a string of asset disposals aimed at cutting the mining company's debt burden. Rio has sold Alcan Composites, part of Alcan's Engineered Products group, to Swiss company Schweiter Technologies for $349m (£218m). In a separate deal, Rio has sold a 56% stake in its Alcan Cable business to Platinum Equity for an undisclosed sum, putting the company on track to meet its stated target of paying off $15bn (£9.3bn) of debt in two years.
Linklaters has taken lead roles for regular client Rio Tinto on the latest of a string of asset disposals aimed at cutting the mining company’s debt burden.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651