A&O ordered to rehire associate after unlawful dismissal ruling
Allen & Overy (A&O) has been ordered to rehire a Frankfurt-based associate laid off earlier this year after German labour courts ruled that her dismissal was unlawful. The magic circle firm has confirmed reports on legal blog RollonFriday that the German court this week (23 September) handed down a ruling ordering it to take back an associate it laid off as part of its global restructuring earlier this year.
Allen & Overy (A&O) has been ordered to rehire a Frankfurt-based associate laid off earlier this year after German labour courts ruled that her dismissal was unlawful.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651