Editor's comment: Keep on moving
Maurice Allen just can't stop hitting the headlines. After joining Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer last year following stints at White & Case, Weil Gotshal & Manges and Clifford Chance, he had resigned himself to being a largish cog in the City giant's recently restructured banking machine. True, some thought Allen would chafe within the institutional confines of Freshfields - but that hardly looked a deal-breaker. Freshfields is as light on process and paperwork as you will get at a top-flight global firm. And while Allen's flamboyant personality may be hard to incorporate, Freshfields has previously proved more than willing to cut slack to big characters who deliver the goods.
Where now for Allen and Goetz?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651