Middle East Corporate Counsel Forum: Eastern promise
If the old adage stands true that in adversity there is opportunity, in-house lawyers in the Middle East have never had such a good opportunity to entrench their role as trusted legal adviser. As the global economic slump tightens its grip on the Middle East, in-house legal teams have experienced increased pressure to scale back on resources and mitigate risk. But while there are undoubtedly challenges ahead, in-house lawyers should seize the chance to close the gap on their Western counterparts in Europe and the US, delegates at Legal Week's second annual Middle East Corporate Counsel Forum were told.
At the recent Middle East Corporate Counsel Forum, delegates were told now is the time for in-house lawyers to bridge the gap between the Middle East and its Western counterparts. Anthony Parker reports
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651